Monday, March 28, 2011

Challenge 2-Week 1

This week I did fine on my new challenge areas, but my challenge items from last month were a big FAIL. It was Spring Break, which meant that all 4 kids and the husband were home with me all week. The usual schedule was out the window. I slept in, I went several days without doing any laundry, and I barely set foot in the kitchen. Fortunately, I was able to get caught up by the end of the week, so I was able to start today on track.

Since the week was pretty much a wash, I have decided to extend this challenge through the end of April. This way, my challenges will begin on the 1st of the month and finish on the last day of the month. In addition to extending my challenge, I have decided to add another item to my April challenge list. I decided that I needed more focus on the organizing/cleaning for this month. Each day I will clear the clutter off of one area of my front rooms. Like with the laundry, I have designated a specific day to each area. After this first week, it should be a really quick job to get it back to tidy.

Monday-Homework Center
Tuesday-Small side counter and coupon/ad and menu pockets
Wednesday- Hutch
Thursday-Bookcase
Friday-Long kitchen counter

These are the primary clutter catchers in the front part of the house. Mail, purse, keys, backpacks etc all get piled on one of these surfaces, so they are a great place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment